Monday 12 April 2010

Shakti Mat – The Modern Bed of Nails

When I came across the Shakti mat, which claimed to lead great improvement in a range of conditions such as back pain, neck pain, insomnia, depression and fatigue, my eyes lit up and I knew I needed to get my hands on one.

After hours on the computer and an increasing back pain, I decided it was time to spare 30 precious minutes to try out the Shakti mat, which comprises of 6000 acupressure points, which makes it a very effective tool for easing tension and inducing a state of deep relaxation. As I laid down on the mat, my first thought was Wooooo this is painful, this immediately prompted me to lay a sheet on the mat before I laid back down (recommended in the accompanying booklet), to help ease the dis-comfort, it did the trick and the mat felt a little less painful, after about a minute I felt a lot of heat which had to be the increase of blood flow which I read up on earlier. After 10 minutes I rested my face on the mat and I must say was relieved it didn’t hurt as much, I then ended by resting my front for the remaining 10 mins.

Overall I must say I enjoyed the 30 mins me time and anything that lures me away from my computer will always get the thumbs up from me! One session unfortunately won’t take away all the pain and tension, so I am going to stick it out till the end of the week and let it work it’s magic on me! What I’m very pleased about, is the fabric is made from organic cotton and the factory workers where the Shakti Mat is produced, all enjoy good wages, decent working hours, meals and physician care which is also offered to the employee’s family and others in the neighbourhood.

The mat costs £50.00 from www.victoriahealth.com
The Shakti Mat is also available in a lighter version for those with sensitive skin and/or for those who want a milder treatment, priced at only £44.00

No comments:

Post a Comment