Tuesday 22 February 2011

Estethica AW2011

Another season, another great set of ethical designers showcasing  at Estethica, a very talented bunch, I found so many that I loved but here are my favourites…



Makepiece

All too excited about their appearance on Countryfile (Sunday 20th February, 8pm), Nichola and Beate looked particularly happy about their Metamorphosis collection. With their gorgeous knitwear made from Shetland sheep and dyed in West Yorkshire, it’s hard to find British garments as warming as these.


































Goodone

As ever, Goodone had a great rack of new designs. Stylish panel dresses encompassed navy and mustard with a stunning result with pencil skirts and a lovely collection of hand-knitted cable belts looking set to be winter staples.



Fairtrade Foundation

This collective of fifteen designers have worked to produce garments for Asos Black. I loved the varied scarves on display with a particular favourite being Athena Procopiou’s offering.



The North Circular

I cannot praise The North Circular’s knitted accessories enough. I couldn’t have survived last winter without cocooning myself in my chunky black scarf from them and with a range of different colours – include a stunning combination of grey and white wool – there’s definitely something for everyone.
 


Studio NY

Having showcased at NYFW last week, Studio NY flew into Estethica with two stand out pieces. I loved the ready-to-wear look of this grey knitted dress and the practicality that it can be worn in many different ways. As for this skirt - made in connection with Conservation Throughout Poverty Allevation – I am in awe of the intricacy of the detail with the entwined cocoons.
 
Catherine May

No comments:

Post a Comment